Monday, April 19, 2010

Washer/Dryer





We have one of those new washer/dryer combos. It is wonderful because it saves space, which is the theme in Korea. Before I came over I heard other wives talking about these combos, saying that it didn't really dry the clothes and so on. So before Charles left for Korea we stopped at Lowe's and asked to look at one. The employee told us that they didn't sell them in the US because the are to unreliable, great... But we ended up getting on in our lease (Which is a blessing, I have heard other wives saying that they have nothing, even though they have been here for a month. Dragging my laundry to Post with three kids is not my idea of a fun day!) But trying to use it correctly is a bit of a struggle.

First, the load size has to be much smaller than I would do in the states. Our Realtor mentioned to Charles that us Americans tend to stuff the washer and therefore nothing gets dry. So we tried our first batch of laundry, with our Korean dictionary in hand we figured out how to do a wash/dry cycle. (Not knowing what setting the water temperature is at is kinda annoying.) But the cycle took four hours! So this week I have been trying to do as much wash as I can and hang my clothes out to dry, or lay them on the floor and let the heat dry it out....Lol! It is a new experience and something I need to master, hopefully very quickly!