Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Ladies First, Gentlemen Second

This past August when my sister came to visit she was handing out food and said the phrase "Ladies first, gentlemen second." Even though we try to teach our kids manners, it wasn't until then did I realize that we needed to teach Hunter and Eli how to be chivalrous. (Duh?!) So from then on, at meal time I say that phrase to Hunter, along with other examples on how to treat a lady. Well, yesterday my little 4-year old became a true gentleman! It is his job to open his car door to allow Alethea and himself to get in their car seat while I get Eli in his. And it has been a HUGE help to me whether we are at home or running errands. Yesterday, we went to WalMart, after our shopping trip Hunter opened his door, walked around the car and opened Eli's door and my door! Of course I was overjoyed and let him know what a gentleman he was. Today he did the same thing! I am so proud of my little guy! I cannot believe how quickly they grow up!