Thursday, January 28, 2010

Passports

So it has been three weeks since we found out that Charles is going to Korea! All of our Command Sponsor paperwork is in (Step 2 out of a 8 step process) and today I was able to go apply for our passports and our visas. Of course I had to travel to Fort Jackson to apply, but the process was pretty easy. (Well, it would have been a little easier if I didn't have to bring the kidos!) One thing that I continue to be thankful for throughout this whole process is the Internet. Everything that both Charles and I were told was that we had to receive the Command Sponsor and be on Charles' orders before we could apply for our passports. (Even the One Stop Office at Fort Lee told him that.) But thankfully, I belong to a network of Army Wives going or in Korea on Facebook. One of them told me about a loophole, so I was able to save a lot of time (and stress) and apply for them now. At this point in time, I am pretty sure we will get the CS, but most likely will leave 2-8 weeks after Charles leaves. But now I am just trying to concentrate on getting my house ready to move, Unaccompanied, Household Goods, and Storage. Our stuff will be packed by the end of February.
It is an odd process. I know we are moving, but I have no concrete details. Plus, it is going to take place in about a month! It is difficult to give details to people because honestly I don't know for myself. Plus the things I am told can (and do) change in a day. I am a planner, I like to know what's going on and try to set our family up for success. But I know that God is showing me that I am not in control, He is. So I have been trying to stop 'borrowing trouble' and let the small stuff go. I will be as prepared as I can be, but continue to be super flexible. A year down the road all the little things won't matter so much!